Robotics and artificial intelligence are in the forefront of disruptive technologies increasing their societal presence and now, Innovator Capital Management, LLC (Innovator) announced today that it has listed the Innovator Loup Frontier Tech ETF (NYSEArca: LOUP) on the NYSE Arca exchange.
LOUP provides exposure to the Loup Frontier Tech Index, which is a rules-based index designed to track the performance of companies with a commanding presence in future technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), computer perception, robotics, autonomous vehicles, virtual/mixed/augmented reality, and similar disruptive innovations.
“Disruptive technologies are forcing change, transforming business and the global economy at an unprecedented speed, and in some areas may alter the way entire industries operate,” said Bruce Bond, Chief Executive Officer of Innovator Capital Management. “The Innovator Loup Frontier Tech ETF (LOUP) provides a convenient way for investors to access disruptive companies across five key technological sub-themes, and broad exposure to the next wave of technology innovation.”
The Innovator Loup Frontier Tech ETF (LOUP) is based upon the technologies deemed most likely to disrupt consumer and enterprise businesses over the next several decades, and most relevant to the frontier technology investment focus. Frontier technologies are innovations emerging from an R&D stage, and beginning to move towards mass-market commercial adoption.
Rather than narrow in on one area of disruptive innovations, LOUP provides broad-based exposure to the following areas in the aggregate:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Companies that provide software services to automate industrial, knowledge work, and consumer processes. These services may directly automate specific processes or provide semi-automated tools as an intermediate step to full automation.
- Computer Perception: Companies that provide hardware and software related to enabling vision, which could include sensors, laser arrays, semiconductors, etc.
- Robotics: Companies that provide physical robots and related products and services for industrial, collaborative, agricultural, medical, and/or consumer-related automation.
- Autonomous Vehicles: Companies that provide hardware and/or software used in the development of self-driving cars, unmanned aerial vehicles (drones), or other autonomous vehicles that operate on the ground, in the air, or in the sea.
- Virtual/Mixed/Augmented Reality: Companies that are involved in creating hardware and/or software for delivering immersive virtual reality experiences or for delivering experiences that enhance with real world with digital overlay.
“As opposed to narrow exposures limited to a particular industry-vertical like robotics, artificial intelligence, or autonomous vehicles, the Loup Frontier Tech Index seeks to track a wide range of disruptive frontier technologies,” said Gene Munster, Managing Partner at Loup Ventures. “We are a research-driven venture capital firm focused on frontier technologies. From this vantage point, we attain insights across a wide domain of innovations to select highly disruptive companies that we believe will collectively lead the next major technological revolution.”