A recent article on PLANADVISER had Winthrop Capital Management’s president and chief investment officer Greg Hahn identify current opportunities within the fixed-income space.
“It has been an interesting time to be focused on the fixed-income side of the portfolio,” said Hahn. “We are just now, finally, getting back towards what people would generally consider a normal interest rate environment. It’s been some time since we have been in this situation.”
Points discussed by Hahn in the article:
- Thoughts regarding the flattening of the yield curves
- The generation of coupon income for investors, individual and institutional
- Using lower fixed-income allocations for returns
- Investment policy statement development
- The growing availability of professionally-managed separate accounts for fixed income
To read the complete article, click here.
Related: No Signs of Recession, Says Chief Investment Officer
For more trends in fixed income, visit the Fixed Income Channel.