Tom Manning, F.L. Putnam Investment Management Company president and CEO, and Krishna Memani, OppenheimerFunds chief investment officer and head of fixed income, visited CNBC to give their insights on the current state of the markets–in particular, the idea that a recession is not forthcoming for a couple more years.
- Inflation remains low and policy remains supportive
- Market drawdown/recession not coming for two more years
- Growth and earnings are strong–challenging period for Fed is towards the end of the year
- Strength of the data more important than trade disputes
- U.S. has upper hand in trade negotiations
- Highs are reached in the 10-year Treasury
- Labor markets are tightening, but growth is still decent
To watch the full video, click below:
For more trends in fixed income, visit the Fixed Income Channel.