The Latest News:
- Global stocks somewhat recovered Wednesday, following the previous day’s broad sell-off, after the Federal Reserve revealed a cautious optimism over the rebounding economy, the New York Times reports.
- “The minutes are in line with what investors are thinking, which is that we see a rebound in growth but it is not to a point where the economy looks overly strong,” Robert Pavlik, chief market strategist at Banyan Partners, said in the article.
- Minutes from the Fed’s last meeting showed that the central bank is considering ways to raise interest rates.
- “Participants generally agreed that starting to consider the options for normalization at this meeting was prudent,” according to the minutes, USA Today reports.
- The Fed is considering several options, such as increasing the interest the central bank pays at the Fed or reverse repurchase agreements.
Global X SuperDividend ETF
For past stories in this series, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.