ETF Spotlight on the Global X SuperDividend ETF (NYSEArca: SDIV), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $966.7 million in assets.
Objective: The Global X SuperDividend ETF tries to reflect the performance of the Solactive Global SuperDividend Index, which is comprised of an equally weighted basket of companies that rank among the highest dividend yielding equities in the world.
Holdings: Top holdings include Ford Otomotiv Sanayi 1.3%, Frontier Communications 1.2%, David Jones 1.2%, Banco do Brasil 1.2% and Terna Participacoes 1.2%.
What You Should Know:
- Global X sponsors the fund.
- SDIV has a 0.58% expense ratio.
- The ETF has 99 positions and the top ten make up 11.7% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include basic materials 2.7%, consumer cyclical 5.0%, financial services 20.4%, real estate 25.7%, telecom services 12.7%, energy 6.4%, industrials 7.1%, tech 2.1%, consumer defensive 2.0%, healthcare 3.1% and utilities 12.8%.
- Due to its heavy allocation to real estate investment trusts and utility companies, the fund could face headwinds if interest rates begin to rise.
- Regional allocations include: North America 35.9%, Latin America 3.5%, U.K. 8.0%, developed Europe 20.5%, emerging Europe 2.3%, Australasia 18.1% and developed Asia 9.5%.
- SDIV is up 0.9% over the past month, up 6.4% over the last three months and up 8.5% year-to-date.
- The ETF is up 5.8% over the 200-day exponential moving average.
- The fund has a 6.33% 12-month yield.
- Due to the underlying index’s equal-weight methodology, SDIV leans toward smaller companies.
- Market-capitalization weights include mega-caps 9.8%, large-caps 21.7%, mid-caps 43.0%, small-caps 19.4% and micro-caps 6.1%.
Next page: The latest news