Generating Income and Managing Risk in Today's Market
Fixed-income investors are currently faced with a stubbornly low-yield environment with no end in sight. Many have increasingly sought out alternatives to traditional bond investments to generate more income, but many attractive yield options typically come with their own set of risks. In this upcoming webcast, Nationwide and ETF Trends will explain the struggles of yield generation in a low-rate environment and outline a new risk-managed income strategy that could generate higher income relative to traditional income-focused investments.
Join Tom Lydon, CEO of ETF Trends, as he moderates a discussion on:
- Overview of the current stock market: low-rate environment and economy
- Alternative yield generating strategies and their own unique set of risks
- How a more thoughtful approach to income generation and downside risk mitigation may aid in successfully navigating volatile markets
- A detailed discussion of a risk-managed income strategy that employs downside protection while maintaining upside potential
- How financial advisors can incorporate a new alternative income approach into a diversified portfolio, as a tool for addressing the retirement income and cash dependent needs of investors
Accepted for one hour of CFP/CIMA CE credit for live and on-demand attendees
CFA Institute members are encouraged to self-document their continuing professional development activities in their online CE tracker.
Mark Hackett, CFA, CMTChief of Investment Research
Jonathan MolchanManaging Director and Portfolio Manager
Harvest Volatility Management