Jack McIntyre, Brandywine Global Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, was on the Fox Business Network to discuss the current state of the market, consumer impact from trade uncertainties and the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy.
Notable points discussed with Jack McIntyre:
- Emerging markets have been a bumpy ride due to all the trade disputes and tariff battles
- There is a huge valuation anomaly in emerging markets
- There is value in Treasury yields
- Brandywine is betting that the Fed will listen to the yield curve–not doing so is a mistake
- Markets are forward-looking; tightening could occur in markets
- Vulnerability of emerging markets as a result of trade wars–uncertainty is the challenge
- A portfolio should be defensive in times of trade wars
- U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration will eventually be more negotiable in terms of trade
Related: A Brief Overview of Trade Wars Disrupting Markets
To watch the full video, click below:
For more trends in fixed income, visit the Fixed Income Channel.