John Hancock added five smart beta sector exchange traded funds to Charles Scwhab’s Schwab ETF OneSource platform, the brokerage industry’s largest commission-free ETF offering.
With the addition of the five John Hancock sector funds, all of the Boston-based issuer’s ETFs are available on Schwab ETF OneSource.
In March, John Hancock added five new sector-specific ETFs backed by Dimensional Fund Advisors’ research-based factor investing.
Those new funds include:
- John Hancock Multifactor Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEArca: JHMS)
- John Hancock Multifactor Energy ETF (NYSEArca: JHME)
- John Hancock Multifactor Industrials ETF (NYSEArca: JHMI)
- John Hancock Multifactor Materials ETF (NYSEArca: JHMA)
- John Hancock Multifactor Utilities ETF (NYSEArca: JHMU)
The underlying indices adjust securities by relative price and profitability. The smart-beta indices may overweight stocks with lower relative prices and underweight names with higher relative prices. The index can also adjust for profitability by overweighting stocks with higher profitability and underweighting those with lower profitability.
John Hancock currently offers 11 ETFs.