The Affordable Care Act has helped millions of Americans receive healthcare coverage, with the uninsured rate now at a seven-year low, bolstering the outlook for healthcare services and sector-related exchange traded funds.
The uninsured rate has declined almost 6 percentage points since late 2013, before the ACA, or Obamacare, took effect.
Without further ado, here is a look at some well-known and undiscovered healthcare ETFs. Be sure to check back tomorrow for a similar list devoted to biotechnology ETFs.
Traditional, Cap-Weighted Healthcare ETFs
- Health Care Select Sector SPDR (NYSEArca: XLV)
- Vanguard Health Care ETF (NYSEArca: VHT)
- iShares U.S. Healthcare ETF (NYSEArca: IYH)
- Fidelity MSCI Health Care Index ETF (NYSEArca: FHLC)
- PowerShares S&P SmallCap Health Care Portfolio (NasdaqGS: PSCH)
- Market Vectors Generic Drugs ETF (NasdaqGM: GNRX)
- SPDR Pharmaceuticals ETF (NYSEArca: XPH)
- Market Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF (NYSEArca: PPH)
- iShares U.S. Pharmaceuticals ETF (NYSEArca: IHE)
- PowerShares Dynamic Pharmaceuticals Portfolio (NYSEArca: PJP)
Smart Beta Healthcare ETFs
- First Trust Health Care AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FXH)
- Guggenheim S&P Equal Weight Healthcare ETF (NYSEArca: RYH)
- PowerShares DWA Healthcare Momentum Portfolio (NYSEArca: PTH)
Specialty Industry Funds
- iShares U.S. Medical Devices ETF (NYSEArca: IHI)
- SPDR S&P Health Care Services ETF (NYSEArca: XHS)
- iShares U.S. Healthcare Providers ETF (NYSEArca: IHF)
- SPDR S&P Health Care Equipment ETF (NYSEArca: XHE)
Want more Healthcare ETF news and analysis? Visit: www.etftrends.com/healthcare