The Latest News:
- The Nasdaq-100 is hovering near a 14-year high.
- Technology stocks are rallying after Facebook (NasdaqGS: FB) revealed better-than-expected second-quarter results led by strong revenue in mobile advertising, MarketWatch reports.
- “The funky nervousness and volatility has gone away this week,” Kevin Blocker, senior quantitative analyst at Horizon Investments, said in a Wall Street Journal article. “You see demand swamp in every time.”
- TripAdvisor, though, declined after the online-travel website stated that its second quarter profit missed expectations.
- So far, 77% of Standard & Poor’s 500 Index companies have beaten second quarter projections, with 290 yet to reveal earnings, Bloomberg reports.
Direxion NASDAQ-100 Equal Weighted Index Shares
For past stories in this series, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.