ETF Spotlight on the SPDR S&P Semiconductor ETF (NYSEArca: XSD), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $129.6 million
Objective: The SPDR S&P Semiconductor ETF tries to reflect the performance of the S&P Semiconductor Select Industry Index, which is comprised of semiconductor stocks and equally weights holdings.
Holdings: Top holdings include TriQuint Semiconductor (NasdaqGS: TQNT) 3.2%, Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE: FSL) 3.0%, RF Micro Devices (NasdaqGS: RFMD) 2.9%, Avago Technologies Limited (NasdaqGS: AVGO) 2.7% and LSI Corporation (NasdaqGS: LSI) 2.7%.
What You Should Know:
- State Street Global Advisors sponsors the fund.
- XSD has a 0.35% expense ratio.
- The ETF tracks 50 component stocks, and the top ten holdings make up 27.0% of the overall portfolio.
- The portfolio has a price-to-earnings ratio of 25.6%.
- Due to the index’s equal-weight focus, the fund has a heavier tilt toward small-cap stocks.
- Market capitalization includes mega-caps 4.7%, large-caps 8.2%, mid-cap 35.6%, small-cap 41.1% and micro-cap 10.5%.
- XSD is up 7.6% over the past month up 17.9% over the last three months and up 41.2% over the past year.
- The fund is trading 15.2% above its 200-day exponential moving average.
Next page: The latest news