Rogers believes that investors will be able to find opportunities in natural resources as there are “supply problems in all commodities going forward.”
“We will make money in commodities because of supply shortages … and governments will print money,” Rogers added.
- RBS Rogers Enhanced Commodity Index ETN (NYSEArca: RGRC)
- PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund (NYSEArca: DBC)
- iPath DJ-UBS Commodity Index ETN (NYSEArca: DJP)
In the metals space, Rogers is looking at base metals over precious metals.
“I suspect base metals benefit as they are down so much that they would be in a better place than precious metals,” Rogers said. “I would not be selling my base metals.”
- RBS Rogers Enhanced Industrial Metals ETN (NYSEArca: RGRI)
- PowerShares DB Base Metals Fund (NYSEArca: DBB)
Additionally, Rogers is leaning toward agriculture and natural gas, which he says have been oversold. Looking at the agriculture market, the world is consuming more than is produced by farmers. Some areas of the world are witnessing a food shortage.
- RBS Rogers Enhanced Agriculture ETN (NYSEArca: RGRA)
- PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (NYSEArca: DBA)
- ELEMENTS Rogers International Commodity Agriculture ETN (NYSEArca: RJA)
- United States Natural Gas Fund (NYSEArca: UNG)
“We are running out of farmers,” Rogers said. “No one is going into farming. The old are getting out and the young aren’t coming in.”
He said indexed ETFs are “the best way for everyone to invest in everything.” ETFs make getting exposure to commodities as simple as buying individual stocks, Rogers added.
For more information on commodities, visit our commodity ETFs category.
Story updated with information on exchange traded products based on Rogers indices.