This suggests that Bernanke wants to provide additional accommodative measures that will essentially depreciate the U.S. dollar against foreign currencies.
As such, most currency-related ETFs have strengthened against the U.S. dollar over the past three months:
- CurrencyShares Swedish Krona (NYSEArca: FXS): up 4.2%
- CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSEArca: FXE): up 3.0%
- WisdomTree Emerging Currency (NYSEArca: CEW): up 6.3%
- PowerShares DB Currency Harvest Fund (NYSEArca: DBV): up 5.3%
- CurrencyShares Australian Dollar (NYSEArca: FXA): up 2.1%
- WisdomTree Indian Rupee (NYSEArca: ICN): up 6.6%
- WisdomTree Brazilian Real (NYSEArca: BZF): up 4.2%
For more information on currency funds, visit our currency ETFs category.
Read the disclaimer; Tom Lydon is a board member of the funds for Guggenheim Investments.
Max Chen contributed to this article.