“According to the Morningstar Small Value Index, small-cap value stocks returned 9.2% on an annualized basis over the past 10 years,” Michael Rawson, Morningstar analyst, said in a research note. “While that is better than the 2.9% annualized return on the S&P 500, at 21%, it experienced greater volatility than the 16% standard deviation of the S&P 500.”
Other small-cap value ETFs include:
- iShares Russell 2000 Value Index (NYSEArca: IWN)
- iShares Morningstar Small Value Index Fund (NYSEArca: JKL)
- Powershares Dynamic Small Cap Value Portfolio Fund (NYSEArca: PWY)
- Rydex S&P Small Cap 600 Pure Value ETF (NYSEArca: RZV)
- SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Value ETF (NYSEArca: SLYV)
- Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETF (NYSEArca: VBR)
- Vanguard Russell 2000 Value ETF (NYSEArca: VTWV)
- Vanguard S&P Small-Cap 600 Value ETF (NYSEArca: VIOV)
iShares S&P Small Cap 600 Value Index Fund
For more information on small-cap stocks, visit our small-cap category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.