On Monday, the Market Vectors Nuclear Energy (NYSEArca: NLR) fell almost 13%, iShares S&P Global Nuclear Energy (NYSEArca: NUCL) declined more than 11% off its opening price and Global X Uranium (NYSEArca: URA) plummeted 18%. In contrast, alternative energy ETFs saw an uptick in prices.
Government incentives and profitability in alternatives continue to be relatively low. Nevertheless, increased public pressure and government mandates could be a boost in the arm for alternatives.
- Market Vectors Global Alternative Energy (NYSEArca: GEX) +3.0%, $136.5M in assets
- Guggenheim Global Solar (NYSEArca: TAN) +5.4%, $168.7
- First Trust Global Wind Energy (NYSEArca: FAN) +3.0%, $53.7M
- Market Vectors Solar Energy (NYSEArca: KWT) +7.4%, $37.8M
- siShares S&P Global Clean Energy Index Fund (NYSEArca: ICLN) +4.5%, $55.6M
- United States Natural Gas (NYSEArca: UNG) +0.2%, $2285.5M
- Teucrium Natural Gas (NYSEArca: NAGS) +1.9%, $2.2M
For more information on the alternative energy industry, visit our alternative energy category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.