ETF Spotlight on ETFS Physical Palladium (NYSEArca: PALL), part of a weekly series.
Assets: $639.1 million
Objective: PALL tracks the physical price of palladium, minus fees and expenses
Holdings: Each share is backed by palladium bullion
What You Should Know
- The palladium bullion is held in vaults in Zurich, Switzerland, and London
- ETF Securities publishes a bar list on a daily basis; you can find it here
- The expense ratio is 0.60%; there are no other costs besides this, though brokers or advisors may have their own transaction costs
- JPMorgan Chase is the custodian of the Palladium Trust
The Latest News
- Palladium was one of the top-performing metals in November
- One of the primary drivers of the gains in palladium prices were concerns about its supply [5 Factors Driving Palladium ETF.]
- Palladium is often used as a less-expensive alternative to platinum in industry (primarily in catalytic converters)
- Palladium is also used in dentistry, electronics, chemicals, fuel cells and in coins – among many other things
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.