A few other China ETF options include:
- PowerShares USX Golden Dragon Halter (NYSEArca: PGJ)
- SPDR S&P China (NYSEArca: GXC)
- Claymore/AlphaShares China Small Cap (NYSEArca: HAO)
- Claymore/AlphaShares China All-Cap (NYSEArca: YAO)
- ProShares UltraShort FTSE/Xinhua China 25 (NYSEArca: FXP). For those with a pessimistic outlook, FXP moves 200% in the opposite direction.
Developed Asia economy options include:
- iShares MSCI Japan (NYSEArca: EWJ)
- Vanguard Pacific Stock ETF (NYSEArca: VPL). A comparable developed markets fund that includes Japan.
Some other Asia emerging market ETFs include:
- iShares MSCI Pacific ex-Japan (NYSEArca: EPP). EPP primarily provides exposure to Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and New Zealand.
- iShares MSCI All Country Asia ex Jpn Idx (NasdaqGM: AAXJ). Provides basic Asian emerging market exposure.
- SPDR S&P Emerging Asia Pacific (NYSEArca: GMF). GMF provides exposure to China, Taiwan, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.
- iShares MSCI Malaysia Index (NYSEArca: EWM)
- iShares MSCI Singapore Index (NYSEArca: EWS)
- iShares MSCI South Korea Index (NYSEArca: EWY)
- iShares MSCI Taiwan Index (NYSEArca: EWT)
For more information on Asia, visit our Asia category.
Read the disclosure; Tom Lydon is a board member of Rydex|SGI.
Max Chen contributed to this article.