Russell Bailyn of Russell Bailyn’s Financial Planning Blog gives great points for each side.
It’s a Bear!
- The housing market is lousy.
- Rising oil prices are making consumers spend more on gas and less in other areas of the economy.
- The dollar’s value is lagging.
- Look at some of the "bearish" ETFs.
No, it’s a Bull!
- The U.S. economy is generating new, innovative products, such as web innovations, that unite the world.
- The United States is leading the way in increasing global communication.
- Record index highs show the economy is strong.
- Interest rates remain near historic lows.
Rather than predicting the market’s future course, we like to stick to the basics and follow the trends. As the market moves up, we enjoy the ride, and when it moves down, we implement our stop-loss signals. No matter which outlook you have on the market, always keep a disciplined investment strategy.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.