Why Invest in Agriculture ETFs - Can Investments Grow in Bad Weather?
The price of corn has been rising due to supply concerns as poor weather has prevented farmers from planting on schedule.
There has been increased interest in the Teucrium CORN fund over the past few months as advisors and investors are seeking information on this often-overlooked segment of the market. This webinar will cover some of the more frequent questions such as:
- How can investors gain access to the price moves of agricultural commodities like corn?
- What is the outlook for agricultural commodities moving forward?
- Why consider agricultural commodities in a diversified portfolio?
In answering these questions, the presentation will provide a basic understanding of the many uses for agricultural commodities. We will discuss the fundamental supply and demand dynamics underlying the markets, provide an update on market conditions and look at the longer-term relationships between commodity prices and equities. Covered in the Webinar:
- Pervasiveness of agricultural commodities in the global economy
- Supply and demand – the fundamental components of the agricultural markets Rain, Pain, and grain – What are the current factors affecting the agricultural markets?
- Portfolio considerations – Low correlations to equities, allocating to agricultural commodities may help improve a portfolio’s risk adjusted return.
Not accepted for one hour of CFP/CIMA CE credit for live and on-demand attendees
CFA Institute members are encouraged to self-document their continuing professional development activities in their online CE tracker.
Sal GilbertiePresident, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Investment Officer and Founder
Jake HanleyMarketing Director
Grant EngelbartDirector of Research & Senior Portfolio Manager