Total Return Alternatives: Balancing Portfolio Risks When Even Junk Yields Less than 5%
Generating portfolio returns can be a major issue for investors in a low interest-rate environment. While an investor can pursue higher income by extending maturities or accepting poorer credit, each of those options come with their own risks.
In this upcoming webcast, Aptus Capital Advisors and ETF Trends will look at defined risk, “yield + growth” strategies that seek a complete approach to total returns, pursuing returns on capital on a foundation of return of capital.
Tom Lydon, CEO of ETF Trends will moderate this discussion on:
- An overview of the current market environment
- The deteriorating math of a 60/40 portfolio
- Risks associated with traditional yield vehicles
- Using a defined risk approach in search of better upside vs. downside capture
- How financial advisors can truly diversify in pursuing better client outcomes
Not accepted for one hour of CFP/CIMA CE credit for live and on-demand attendees
CFA Institute members are encouraged to self-document their continuing professional development activities in their online CE tracker.
JD Gardner, CFA, CMTFounder and Chief Investment Officer
Aptus Capital Advisors
Adam Eagleston, CFAPortfolio Manager
Driehaus Capital Management
John LuekenExecutive Vice President and Chief Investment Strategist