As advisors and investors look to fill out a well diversified investment portfolio, consider looking into cheap ETF options in today’s market environment.
On the upcoming webcast (available live and on demand for CE Credit), Build Your Core for Less, Matthew Bartolini, Head of SPDR Americas Research at State Street Global Advisors, and Robert Forsyth III, Head of SPDR Americas Investment Strategy for State Street Global Advisors, will discuss how to build a well-diversified core.
Investors face many challenges when constructing core portfolios in today’s environment. Consequently, people will have to consider how to approach strategic allocations within a defined risk objective and how to balance risk and return goals.
To help achieve one’s investment goals, investors may consider low-cost, index-based ETFs to gain diversified exposure to broad market segments. For instance, State Street Global Advisors recently revamped a number of its ETFs and produced the new SPDR Portfolio ETFs lineup, a suite of 15 dirt-cheap ETFs to provide exposure to a range of core equity and fixed-income asset classes.
The new group of 15 SPDR “Portfolio” ETFs include:
- SPDR Portfolio Total Stock Market ETF (NYSEArca: SPTM) 0.03% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Large Cap ETF (NYSEArca: SPLG) 0.03% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Mid Cap ETF (NYSEArca: SPMD) 0.05% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Small Cap ETF (NYSEArca: SPSM) 0.05% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500® Growth ETF (NYSEArca: SPYG) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 Value ETF (NYSEArca: SPYV) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 High Dividend ETF (NYSEArca: SPYD) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio World ex-US ETF (NYSEArca: SPDW) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEArca: SPEM) 0.11% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Aggregate Bond ETF (NYSEArca: SPAB) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Long Term Corporate Bond ETF (NYSEArca: SPLB) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Intermediate Term Corporate Bond ETF (NYSEArca: SPIB) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Short Term Corporate Bond ETF (NYSEArca: SPSB) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Long Term Treasury ETF (NYSEArca: SPTL) 0.06% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Short Term Treasury ETF (NYSEArca: SPTS) 0.06% expense ratio
The new suite helps investors enjoy greater choice when accessing investment solutions at a low cost. The Portfolio ETFs are among the cheapest ETF options on the market, contending with other low cost players like Charles Schwab, BlackRock’s iShares and vanguard.
The low-cost ETF options can be used as core investment components to track many widely observed equity market benchmarks. Furthermore, through the diversified ETF investment vehicle, investors are able to build a diversified portfolio with just a handful of stock and bond ETFs as these broad ETFs track hundreds if not thousands of individual securities.
Financial advisors who are interested in learning more about building a cheap investment portfolio can register for the Thursday, November 9 webcast here.