Investors are wondering what’s next for the FAANG ETFs as they have had a rough few weeks after the Facebook scandal. FAANG ETFs allow investors to invest in FAANG stocks and remain diversified without having to put all their eggs in one basket.
The famous FAANG quintet of Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB), Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Google parent Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL) is an acronym for five high-performing technology stocks in the U.S. equity markets .
According to Market Insider, “The FAANG stocks are all down considerably since March 12, a trend that accelerated when news of a massive Facebook data scandal broke, sending the tech-heavy Nasdaq into a downward frenzy.”
Let’s take a look at the top 10 FAANG ETFs YTD according to ETFdb at 11 a.m. Eastern time.
Top 10 FAANG ETFs YTD Performance
- PowerShares QQQ (QQQ) up 1.12%
- Vanguard Growth ETF Equity (VUG) down 0.51%
- iShares S&P 500 Growth ETF (IVW) up 0.22%
- Schwab U.S. Large-Cap Growth ETF (SCHG) down 0.04%
- iShares Core S&P U.S. Growth ETF (IUSG) up 0.22%
- Vanguard Mega Cap Growth ETF (MGK) down 0.65%
- ProShares UltraPro QQQ (TQQQ) down 1.69%
- Vanguard S&P 500 Growth ETF (VOOG) up 0.21%
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 Growth ETF (SPYG) up 0.15%
- Fidelity NASDAQ Composite Index Track (ONEQ) up 1.81%
Amazon, Netflix, Google down
Amazon was down -4.3% Thursday as Trump has Amazon in his sights.
Trump blames Amazon for the decline of brick-and-mortar retailers and the pain that has caused real-estate developers. According to the Axios reporter Jonathan Swan, Trump believes Amazon is a negative force for smaller, locally owned retailers and wants to find a way to curve the company’s dominance.