Well folks, it’s that special time of the year on Saturday: the green revolution, the grand day of Guinness, the celebration of corn beef hash, and of course – Saint Patrick’s Day ETFs!
Saint Patrick Was Not Irish
Did you know that Saint Patrick wasn’t even Irish!? He was a citizen in Roman occupied Britain back in the day who was kidnapped by pirates and sold as a slave to Ireland where he worked as a slave to earn his freedom back.
When he got back to Britain he had visions of the Irish people calling out to him saying that they needed him, so he returned as a bishop to spread Christianity. He used the three-leaf clover as a clever way to explain the holy trinity:the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
He earned himself the status of sainthood after a visit to the king where he performed miracles that made it clear to the King that the presence of the divine was amidst him.
In the 1760s, Irish American immigrants began to take what was a religious holiday and made it into a celebration of Irish culture with the first St. Patrick’s Day parade. In honor of the Irish, Saint Patrick, and of course- the color green (cash money baby) we’ve decided to put together a list of the top 10 ETFs with Irish exposure.
Who knows- maybe if you invest a little luck of the Irish will kick in 😉 !
Top 10 ETFS with Irish Exposure
This list displays all U.S. listed equity ETFs that maintain significant exposure to stocks listed in Ireland.
- iShares MSCI Ireland ETF (EIRL) with a 92.26% weighting.
- SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF (XPH) with a 14.89% weighting.
- VanEck Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF (PPH) with a 10.51% weighting.
- AdvisorShares Madrona International ETF (FWDI) with a 9.99% weighting.
- First Trust Nasdaq Pharmaceuticals ETF (FTXH) with a 9.87% weighting.
- PowerShares Dynamic Pharmaceutical ETF (PJP) with a 9.79% weighting.
- VanEck Vectors Generic Drugs ETF (GNRX) with a 7.84% weighting.
- iShares U.S. Pharmaceuticals ETF (IHE) with a 7.67% weighting.
- Principal Healthcare Innovators Index ETF (BTEC) with a 6.89% weighting.
- ProShares MSCI Europe Dividend Growers ETF (EUDV) with a 6.82% weighting.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
For more on latest industry trends, visit our current affairs category.