Social media darling Facebook recently turned 15 and here are some interesting figures regarding the teen tech titan:
- Number of monthly users as of Dec. 31, 2018: 2.32 billion
- Number of daily users as of this date: 1.5 billion
- Number of people in the world with internet access: 3.9 billion
- Year Facebook reached 1 billion users: 2012
Facebook recently added strong earnings and revenue as friends as the social media company bested Wall Street’s expectations for the fourth quarter.
Shares of Facebook soared as much as 8 percent in after hours trading following the announcement. The earnings beat comes as welcome news after the company faced declining shares and reduced investor confidence amidst the volatile tech sell-offs near the end of 2018.
Final earnings numbers:
- Earnings: $2.38 per share versus $2.19 forecast by Refinitiv consensus estimates
- Revenue: $16.91 billion versus $16.39 billion forecast by Refinitiv consensus estimates
- Daily active users: 1.52 billion versus 1.52 billion forecast by Refinitiv consensus estimates
- Monthly active users: 2.32 billion versus 2.32 billion forecast by Refinitiv consensus estimates
- Average revenue per user: $7.37 versus $7.11 forecast by FactSet estimates
For more market trends, visit the Innovative ETFs Channel.