All market signs point to strong economic growth, especially when looking at the low unemployment rate and jobs created, but what does that mean for the fixed income market?
Ted Bragg, Head of U.S. Fixed Income at Nasdaq, sat down with Jill Malandrino, Global Markets Reporter, at the Nasdaq MarketSite to discuss the future of fixed income.
Notable points discussed with Ted Bragg:
- Yield curve regarding the 10-year and 2-year could forecast recession
- Economic numbers point to strength, especially with strong job growth numbers
- A lot of unknowns for second half of 2018–massive asset allocations globally taking place
- There has been a huge asset allocation into 2-year notes
- Treasury markets have been moving more often lately with regard to basis point moves
- Changes in tax policy affecting corporate bonds
To watch the full video, click below:
For more trends in fixed income, visit the Fixed Income Channel.