The traders on CNBC’s “Halftime Report” debated whether the markets respond more to corporate earnings or the U.S.- China trade wars.
Notable points discussed:
- Short-term trade issues will deal with tariffs
- Long-term views focuses on earnings
- Companies with strong earnings will outperform whether trade disputes want them to or not
- Trade disputes could affect earnings in the second half of the year
- Technology is a strong driver of markets, particularly in a late market cycle
- Neither bulls nor bears have an upper hand in the market right now
Related: What Bond Markets are Saying About Next Recession
To watch the full video, click below:
For more investment trends, visit the Fixed Income Channel.