The battle between Comcast (CMCSA) and 21st Century Fox (FOXA) to purchase Sky, a British media and telecommunications company, intensified Wednesday when Fox raised its offer to $32.5 billion.

Currently, Fox owns 39% of Sky, and the offer would be for the remaining 61%. There are expectations that Comcast, who made a $31 billion offer back in April, will counter Fox’s bid, especially amidst its bidding war against Disney (DIS) for Fox’s assets.

The UK government is expected to issue a final ruling on Fox’s offer for Sky today.

For more trending news and video, visit our trending category.

Subscribe to our free daily newsletters!
Please enter your email address to subscribe to ETF Trends' newsletters featuring latest news and educational events.