With healthcare earnings season coming up, health care stocks could be one of the few bright spots in the markets and exchange traded funds that track the sector could lead ahead.
Based on a percentage of “Buy” ratings at the end of March, analysts are most optimistic on the health care sector, according to FactSet. About 61% of analysts had a Buy rating on health care at the end of the first quarter.
Plus, biotech ETFs are showing signs of life. Below is a list of biotech ETFs with which investors can play the group’s resurgence.
Legacy Biotech ETFs
- iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (NasdaqGS: IBB)
- SPDR S&P Biotech ETF (NYSEArca: XBI)
- First Trust NYSE Arca Biotechnology Index Fund (NYSEArca: FBT)
- Market Vectors Biotech ETF (NYSEArca: BBH)
- PowerShares Dynamic Biotech & Genome (NYSEArca:PBE)
New Generation Biotech ETFs
- ALPS Medical Breakthroughs ETF (NYSEArca: SBIO)
- BioShares Biotechnology Products Fund (NasdaqGM: BBP)
- BioShares Biotechnology Clinical Trials Fund (NasdaqGM: BBC)
- Loncar Cancer Immunotheraphy ETF (NasdaqGM: CNCR)
- ARK Genomic Revolution Multi-Sector Fund (NYSEArca: ARKG)
Inverse and Leveraged Biotech ETFs
- Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bull Shares (NYSEArca: LABU)
- UltraPro NASDAQ Biotechnology (NasdaqGM: UBIO)
- ProShares Ultra Nasdaq Biotechnology (NasdaqGM: BIB)
- Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bear Shares (NYSEArca: LABD)
- ProShares UltraPro Short NASDAQ Biotechnology (NasdaqGM: ZBIO)
- ProShares Ultrashort Nasdaq Biotechnology (NasdaqGM: BIS)
- Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bear 1X Shares (NYSEArca: LABS)
Click here to read more ETF news, strategy and commentary on ETF Trends.