In March 2016, fixed income ETFs/ETPs gathered the largest net inflows with US$6.18 billion, followed by commodity ETFs/ETPs with US$1.10 billion, while equity ETFs/ETPs experienced net outflows of US$2.29 billion.
Here are other keys highlights:
– YTD net inflows into Commodity ETFs/ETPs have been US$4.49 billion which is a record high. The previous record was $2.01 billion in Q1 2012.
– iShares gathered the largest net ETF/ETP inflows in March with US$4.55 billion, followed by Source with US$647 Mn and Amundi ETF with US$559 Mn in net inflows.
– YTD, iShares gathered the largest net ETF/ETP inflows YTD with US$6.11 billion, followed by ETF Securities with US$2.11 billion and SPDR ETFs with US$856 million in net inflows.
– MSCI has the largest amount of ETF/ETP assets tracking its benchmarks with 22.3% market share; STOXX is second with 20.4% market share, followed by S&P Dow Jones with 12.4% market share.
– In March 2016, 19 new ETFs/ETPs were launched by five providers; 10 ETFs/ETPs were closed.