ETF Trends
ETF Trends

Innovative Tech ETF

State Street Global Advisors launched the SPDR FactSet Innovative Technology ETF (NYSEArca: XITK). The fund tracks U.S. tech companies in the most innovative segments of the technology and media sectors as defined by FactSet Research Systems. The underling index selects firms with the highest revenue growth and believes these companies are in cutting edge research, innovative produce and service development, and disruptive business models. Components are also equally weighted.

Alternative Dividend ETFs

Reality Shares expanded its line of DIVCON dividend ETFs, launching the Reality Shares DIVCON Dividend Defender ETF (BATS: DFND) and the Reality Shares DIVCON Dividend Guard ETF (BATS: GARD). DFND takes a 75% long position in large-cap U.S. companies with the highest probability of hiking dividends within a year based on their DIVCON dividend health score, while 25% of the portfolio is used to short companies with a high chance of cutting dividends. GARD follows a dynamic long/short scheme where it will be 100% long U.S. companies with the highest probability of increasing dividends when the Guard Indicator signals a strong market, or it will take a 50/50 long/short play when the Guard Indicator is weak. [A Different Type of Dividend Growth ETF ]

$1 Billion Club

The ProShares S&P 500 Aristocrats ETF (NYSEArca: NOBL) recently crossed over the $1 billion assets under management marker – although, the fund is still dancing around the level this week on recent selling pressure due to the spike in volatility. NOBL includes companies that have increased their dividends for at least 25 consecutive years and shows a 2.02% 12-month yield.

A New E-Commerce Index

In what could be a precursor to an ETF launch down the line, EQM Indexes, a provider of index benchmarks for exchange traded products, launched the first global index to track online retail segment called IBUYXT.

Invest In What’s Trending

ALPS Portfolio Solutions has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission to launch the Sprott Buzz Social median Insights ETF (BUZZ). The proposed ETF would invest based on social media analytics based on data supplied through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, FAtoday, YouTube, Flickr, MySpace, Digg, Reddit, RSS, etc.

The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.