ETF Spotlight on the Lattice US Equity Strategy ETF (NYSEArca: ROUS), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $22.6 million
Objective: The Lattice U.S. Equity Strategy ETF tries to reflect the performance of the Lattice Risk-Optimized US Large Cap Equity Strategy Index, which select U.S. companies with favorable combinations of diversified risk premium.
Holdings: Top holdings include Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) 1.4%, Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) 1.4%, Valero Energy Corp (NYSE: VLO) 1.2%, Centene Corp (NYSE: CNC) 1.1% and Marathon Petroleum (NYSE: MPC) 1.1%.
What You Should Know:
- Lattice Strategies sponsors the ETF.
- ROUS has a 0.35% expense ratio.
- The ETF has 312 components and the top ten make up 10.9% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include financials 19.2%, information technology 16.1%, consumer discretionary 15.8%, healthcare 12.8%, industrials 10.5%, consumer staples 9.6%, energy 7.8%, utilities 3.9% and telecom services 1.7%.
- The fund began trading February 25, 2015.
- ROUS is up 1.9% since its inception.
- The fund follows a customized, smart-beta index that targets large U.S. stocks but reduces capital concentration in mega-cap multi-national companies.
- The diminished exposure to large multi-national companies may help ROUS outperform other market-cap-weighted stock funds if the U.S. dollar continues to strengthen since an appreciating USD would weaken profits for companies with overseas revenue streams.
- Additionally, the ETF emphasizes companies with favorable, diversified risk premia, including valuation, momentum, and quality.
- Specifically, the index may pick stocks based on the price-to-earnings ratio, price-to-book ratio and standard deviation as a measure of volatility.
- Component holdings are reconstituted and rebalanced semiannually.
Next page: The latest news