ETF Spotlight on the WBI Large Cap Tactical Growth Shares (NYSEArca: WBIE), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $123.5 million
Objective: The WBI Large Cap Tactical Growth ETF is an actively managed fund that tries to provide low volatility, low correlation and optimal blend of bear market capital preservation and bull market returns through large-cap global investment opportunities with improving fundamental growth trends.
Holdings: Top holdings include Medtronic (NYSE: MDT) 4.5%, Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: ALXN) 4.4%, Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) 4.2%, Boeing (NYSE: BA) 4.2% and Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) 4.2%.
What You Should Know:
- WBI Investments manages the active fund.
- WBIE has a 1.0% expense ratio.
- The ETF has 26 holdings and the top ten components make up 36.0% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include basic materials 2.8%, consumer discretionary 22.2%, financials 6.3%, energy 1.1%, industrials 9.1%, tech 12.3%, consumer staples 11.2%, healthcare 30.4% and utilities 4.5%.
- Regional exposure includes North America 83.4%, Latin America 3.5%, U.K. 9.2%, and developed Europe 2.8%.
- The fund began trading August 27, 2014.
- The ETF is up 5.8% over the past month and is up 2.4% since inception.
- WBIE is actively managed.
- The ETF’s investment methodology is computer-driven and based on quantitative fundamental factors.
- “The Fund is designed as a core allocation equity strategy that participates in market advances while reducing portfolio volatility during market declines,” according to WBI.
Next page: The latest news