ETF Spotlight on the Direxion All Cap Insider Sentiment Shares (NYSEArca: KNOW), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $22.6 million
Objective: The Direxion All Cap Insider Sentiment Shares ETF tries to reflect the performance of the Sabrient Multi-Cap Insider/analyst Quant-weighted Index, which is comprised of 100 of the top publicly-traded companies in the S&P 1500 index that reflect positive sentiment among those “insiders” closet to the company’s business.
Holdings: Top holdings Lexmark International (NYSE: LXK) 2.6%, Symantic Corp (NasdaqGS: SYMC) 2.5%, Cisco Systems (NasdaqGS: CSCO) 2.4%, CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) 2.4% and Cablevision Systems Corp (NYSE: CVC) 2.4%.
What You Should Know:
- Direxion Investments sponsors the fund.
- KNOW has a 0.65% expense ratio.
- The ETF has 100 holdings and the top ten components make up 23.5% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include basic materials 2.4%, consumer discretionary 14.5%, financials 12.7%, real estate 6.2%, telecom 4.8%, energy 13.0%, industrials 6.4%, tech 16.9%, consumer staples 1.1%, healthcare 15.8% and utilities 6.2%.
- Market capitalization includes mega-caps 13.7%, large-caps 37.3%, medium 43.0% and small-cap 6.0%.
- The fund is up 1.4% over the past month, up 7.3% over the last three months and up 10.9% year-to-date.
- KNOW is 9.2% above its 200-day exponential moving average.
- The ETF lets investors track stocks that corporate insiders are accumulating.
- The underlying index makes a monthly review to rebalance toward strong insider buying and favorable analyst ratings.
- The argument for shadowing insider moves makes sense since company officers and executives tend to have the most information on their companies’ outlook.
Next page: The latest news