The Latest News:
- The stubbornly low rate environment has helped support international REIT ETFs as investors turn to more attractive yield-generating investments. [Low Rates Helping International REIT ETFs]
- Foreign real estate companies are also benefiting from accommodative environments, with Japan and Europe maintaining low interest rates.
- Japan’s real estate market is attracting greater interest from Asian investors seeking to capitalize on the relatively undervalued market, The Korea Bizwire reports.
- “The rise of the real estate market in Japan is caused mainly by the perception of undervaluation of the properties in Tokyo considerably compared with those of Hong Kong, Taiwan and Shanghai,” an official at Mitsui said in the article.
- In the United Kingdom, real estate stocks were weakening following hints that the Bank of England could be curbing the pace of growth in the booming housing market, MarketWatch reports.
SPDR Dow Jones International Real Estate ETF
For past stories in this series, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.