ETF Spotlight on the WisdomTree Earnings 500 Fund (NYSEArca: EPS), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $102.2 million
Objective: The WisdomTree Earnings 500 Fund tries to reflect the performance of the WisdomTree Earnings 500 Index, which is a fundamentally weighted index that tracks earnings-generating, large-cap U.S. stocks.
Holdings: Top holdings include Apple (NasdaqGS: AAPL) 4.0%, Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM) 3.8%, Microsoft (NasdaqGS: MSFT) 2.5%, Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) 2.3% and JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) 2.3%.
What You Should Know:
- WisdomTree Investments (NasdaqGS: WETF) sponsors the fund.
- EPS has a 0.28% expense ratio.
- The ETF has 500 components and the top ten holdings make up 24.6% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include information technology 19.2%, financials 18.8%, consumer discretionary 11.6%, energy 11.4%, health care 10.5%, consumer staples 10.4%, industrials 10.0%, materials 3.2%, utilities 2.9% and telecom services 2.1%.
- The fund is up 0.5% over the past month, up 7.1% over the last three months and up 20.9% over the past year.
- EPS is trading 6.1% above its 200-day exponential moving average.
- The fund employs a smart-beta indexing methodology.
- Underlying holdings have generated positive cumulative earnings over their most recent four fiscal quarters prior to the index measurement date.
- Component stocks are also weighted by earnings in December of each year, so companies with higher earnings have a larger weight in the index.