The Latest News:
- Emerging market equities are turning around after China’s export and import growth unexpectedly increased in January, Bloomberg reports.
- “China is the main driver for economic activity, so seeing better data is helping global markets,” Jeff Papp, a senior analyst at Oberweis Asset Management Inc., said in the Bloomberg article. “Some of the worries there have dissipated a bit.”
- BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) CEO Laurence D. Fink believes the recent emerging market pullback provides a good buying opportunity, reports Alexis Leondis for Bloomberg.
- “These emerging markets have growing and stronger balance sheets and a faster GDP,” Fink said.
- Emerging market equities are now trading at their biggest valuation discount to developed market stocks since 2006.
Market Vectors MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Dividend ETF
Source: Yahoo! Finance
Financial advisors interested in learning more about investing in the emerging markets through factor-based indices can register for the upcoming webcast, Quality Indexing in International and Emerging Markets, scheduled for Feb. 19.
For past stories in this series, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.