ETF Spotlight on the Cambria Foreign Shareholder Yield ETF (NYSEArca: FYLD), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $55.5 million
Objective: The Cambria Foreign Shareholder Yield ETF tries to reflect the performance of the Cambria Foreign Shareholder Yield Index, which is comprised of foreign developed stocks with high cash distribution characteristics.
Holdings: Top holdings include Centerra Gold 1.5%, Cairo Communications 1.4%, Aurico Gold 1.4%, HomeServe 1.3% and Carillion 1.2%.
What You Should Know:
- Cambria Funds sponsors the fund.
- FYLD has a 0.59% expense ratio.
- The ETF started trading Dec. 3, 2013.
- The fund has 101 components, and the top ten holdings make up 12.7% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include basic materials 10.2%, consumer cyclical 12.9%, financials 17.2%, real estate 1.3%, telecom services 5.9%, energy 9.3%, industrials 24.4%, tech 4.9%, consumer defensive 8.5%, healthcare 2.4% and utilities 3.1%.
- Country allocations as of the inception include Canada 18%, Japan 18%, Australia 14%, U.K. 10%, Germany 6%, Sweden 5%, France 4%, Norway 4%, Israel 3% and the Netherlands 3%.
- Asset allocations include mega-cap 10.7%, large-cap 18.6%, mid-cap 37.8%, small-cap 32.1% and micro-cap 0.9%.
- The portfolio has a dividend yield of 4.24%.
- FYLD is up 2.8% over the past month, but it is down 0.5% year-to-date.
- Cambria selects the components based on cash dividend payments, share repurchases and low financial leverage.
- Additionally, Cambria employs a momentum and trend indicator in selecting stocks for its index.
- The underlying index is also equally weighted.
Next page: The latest news