ETF Spotlight on the Market Vectors Germany Small-Cap ETF (NYSEArca: GERJ), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $5.9 million
Objective: The Market Vectors Germany Small-Cap fund tries to reflect the performance of the Market Vectors Germany Small-Cap Index, which is comprised of small-capitalization companies domiciled and primarily listed in Germany or generate the majority of revenue in Germany.
Holdings: Top holdings include Symrise Ag 4.4%, Wirecard Ag 4.0%, Freenet Ag 3.7%, Deutsche Wohnen 3.5% and Stada Arzneimittel Ag 3.3%.
What You Should Know:
- Van Eck Global’s Market Vectors sponsors the fund. [ETF Chart of the Day: Going With Germany]
- GERJ has a 0.55% expense ratio.
- The fund has 85 components, and the top ten make up 31.3% of the overall portfolio.
- The ETF includes companies based outside of Germany, but these firms generate revenue there.
- Country allocations include Germany 85.9%, Austria 2.2%, Luxembourg 1.8%, Canada 1.0%, U.K. 0.8%, U.S. 0.8%, China 0.6% and Netherlands 0.5%.
- Sector allocations include industrials 27.4%, financials 18.4%, information technology 14.6%, consumer discretionary 13.2%, health care 11.9%, materials 8.7%, telecom services 5.7% and energy 0.2%.
- Market capitalization breakdown includes mid-caps 62.8%, small-caps 35.1% and micro-caps 2.1%.
- GERJ is down 0.2% in the last month, up 8.1% over the past three months and up 29.2% year-to-date.
- Germany is the largest Eurozone economy.
Next page: The latest news