ETF Spotlight on the Market Vectors Israel ETF (NYSEArca: ISRA), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $25.3 million
Objective: The Market Vectors Israel fund tries to reflect the performance of the BlueStar Israel Global Index, which is comprised of the largest and most liquid publicly traded Israeli and Israeli-linked companies, along with some mid- and small-cap Israeli stocks.
Holdings: Top holdings include Teva Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: TEVA) 11.8%, Perrigo Co. (NYSE: PRGO) 8.6%, Check Point Software Technologies (NasdaqGS: CHKP) 7.4%, Amdocs (NYSE: DOX) 5.0% and Bank Hapoalim (BKHYY) 4.2%.
What You Should Know:
- Van Eck Global’s Market Vectors sponsors the fund.
- ISRA has a 0.59% expense ratio.
- The fund has 89 components, and the top ten holdings make up 52.9% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include information technology 31.6%, health care 26.1%, financials 19.8%, materials 5.9%, telecommunication services 4.2%, energy 4.0%, industrials 3.3%, consumer staples 2.3%, consumer discretionary 2.3% and utilities 0.6%.
- Market capitalization include large-caps 22.4%, mid-caps 43.5%, small-caps 28.1% and micro-caps 6.1%.
- ISRA’s inception date was June 25, 2013. [Investors Get Another ETF for Israel]
- The ETF is up 3.3% over the past month and up 4.8% in the last three months.
- ISRA has gained 10.4% since its inception, outperforming the rival iShares MSCI Israel Capped ETF (NYSEArca: EIS), which is up 8.3% since June 26.
Next page: The latest news