Morningstar expanded it’s coverage of exchange traded fund managed portfolios, at MorningstarAdvisor.com. This fast-growing section of the industry has experienced asset growth up 32%, over the past 6 months ended March 31.
ETF managed portfolios are investment strategies that usually have at least 50% of portfolio assets invested in ETFs. This is one of the fastest growing segments of the managed accounts spectrum. The goal of these accounts are to utilize ETFs as the primary investment tool within the portfolio. [Why ETF Managed Portfolios Are Growing in Popularity]
Asset growth has been attributed to the trend toward fee-based managed client portfolios coming down in expenses. Broad-based investments with the proper asset allocation have become ETF strategists’ goal. ETFs allow all of the aforementioned to be possible. [ETF Managed Portfolio Firms Attract Private Equity Interest]
The new tab on the Morningstar Advisor site is a Solution Center with educational content for advisors, including an introduction to ETF managed portfolios and an overview of portfolio attributes.
- Articles and insight from Morningstar’s ETF managed portfolio strategists.
- Regularly updated overviews of the ETF managed portfolio landscape.
- Perspectives and opinions from top portfolio managers.
- A monthly snapshot of the best-performing ETF managed portfolios.
- An ETF managed portfolio screener.
- Video interviews with Morningstar experts and ETF portfolio managers.
Tisha Guerrero contributed to this article.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.