First Trust listed seven new exchange traded funds on Wednesday tied to single-country equity benchmarks, and plans to follow up with more ETF launches later this week.
The funds that started trading Wednesday are:
- First Trust Australia AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FAUS)
- First Trust Canada AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FCAN)
- First Trust Germany AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FGM)
- First Trust Hong Kong AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FHK)
- First Trust Switzerland AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FSZ)
- First Trust Taiwan AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FTW)
- First Trust United Kingdom AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FKU)
The tracking indexes use a stock-selection methodology based on fundamental growth and value factors. The approach seeks to outperform traditional, market-cap weighted benchmarks.
On Thursday, First Trust intends to launch First Trust Developed Markets ex-US Small Cap AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FDTS) and First Trust Emerging Markets Small Cap AlphaDEX Fund (NYSEArca: FEMS).
After this week’s new listings, the firm will oversee 39 ETFs — 18 international, 12 size and style funds, and 9 sector funds.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of John Spence, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.