Separately, a Spanish minister suggested its banks may face a higher bad loan bill, BBC reported.
Here are some of the other top ETF stories making the rounds online this morning:
- Hong Kong approves synthetic ETFs. [Bloomberg]
- Thursday’s ETF to watch: PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish. [ETFdb]
- Investors dumped gold ETF in December. [Index Universe]
- ETF Midweek Peek. [ETF Digest]
- Gold ETFs kick off new year with gains. [Investors Business Daily]
CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSEArca: FXE)
Full disclosure: Tom Lydon’s clients own SPY.
Read the disclaimer; Tom Lydon is a board member of the funds for Rydex|SGI.