ETF Spotlight on iShares MSCI Russia Capped Index Fund (NYSEArca: ERUS), part of a weekly series.
Assets: $130.3 million
Objective: The iShares MSCI Russia Capped Index Fund tries to reflect the performance of the MSCI Russia 25/50 Index.
Holdings: Top holdings include: Gazprom 25.53%, Lukoil 10.75%, Sberbank 10.44%, MMC Norilsk Nickel 4.92% and Nvatek OAO-SPONS 4.78%.
What You Should Know
- ERUS has an expense ratio of 0.66%
- The fund has 29 holdings.
- Sector allocations include: Energy 54.75%, Materials 17.11%, Financials 13.83%, Utilities 5.78%, Telecom Services 4.41%, Consumer Staples 3.87%, S-T Securities 0.11% and other 0.15%.
The Latest News
- According to Telegraph, the European Union is considering revoking Russia’s emerging market status in an attempt exclude middle-income countries from preferential trade terms. Karel De Gucht, the EU trade commissioner, remarked upon how the “global economic balance have shifted tremendously,” and that “tariff preferences in this competitive environment, those countries most in need must reap the most benefits..”
- China Daily reports Assistant Foreign Minister Cheng Guoping confirmed that Russian and China are actively engaging in negotiations to pass a natural gas trade agreement. “We believe that companies from both countries will reach agreements based on the principles of friendly consultation and mutual benefit,” stated Cheng.
For past ETF Spotlights, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.