Global X, IndexIQ and Guggenheim launched new exchange traded funds (ETFs) on June 2, providing a variety of investment options for the growing ETF universe.
The Global X Farming ETF (NYSEArca: BARN) seeks to reflect the performance of the Solactive Global Farming Index, which holds common stocks, ADRs and GDRs of select global companies dealing with agriproduct, livestocks or other farming products. BARN has an expense ratio of 0.68% and has 50 holdings.
- Top holdings include: Vitierra Inc. 4.75%, Kubota Corp. 4.75%, Wilmar International Ltd. 4.75%, Olam International Ltd. 4.75%, Tate & Lyle 4.75%, Monsanto Co. 4.75%, Deere & Co. 4.75%, Archer Daniels Midland Co. 4.75%, Bunge Ltd. 4.75% and Agco Corp. 4.75%.
- Country allocations include: U.S. 31.64%, Singapore 15.06%, Malaysia 12.03%, China 7.00%, U.K. 5.94%, Japan 5.37%, Canada 4.75%, Netherlands 3.35%, Brazil 3.35% and Others 10.55%.
The IQ Japan Mid Cap ETF (NYSEArca: RSUN) tries to reflect the performance of the IQ Japan Mid Cap Index. RSUN has an expense ratio of 0.69% and has 100 holdings.
- Top holdings include: Teijin Ltd. 1.97%, Sumitomo Heavy Industries 1.87%, Advantest Crop. 1.57%, Aozora Bank 1.52% and Mitsui Chemicals 1.51%.
- Sector allocations incude: Industrials 23.16%, Financials 17.69%, Consumer DIscretionary 15.64%, Materials 15.38%, Tech 9.08%, Consumer Staples 8.34%, Transportation 3.73%, Health Care 3.71%, Energy 2.28% and Utilities 1.00%.
The Guggenheim Enhanced Core Bond ETF (NYSEArca: GIY) is an actively managed ETF that aims to reflect total return comprised of income and capital appreciation. The fund will hold 80% of net assets in fixed-income securities and try to outperform the Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Bond Index. The ETF has an expense cap of 0.27% and holds 156 bonds.
- Credit quality allocations include: AAA 81.07%, AA 2.58%, A 9.81% and BBB 6.54%.
The Guggenheim Enhanced Ultra-Short Bond ETF (NYSEArca: GSY) is an actively managed ETF that utilizes low duration strategy to try to outperform the 1-3 month Treasury Bill Index in addition to providing returns in excess of those available in U.S. Treasury bills, government repurchase agreements, and money market funds. The fund has an expense cap of 0.27% and holds 24 bonds.
- Credit quality allocations include: AAA 57.98%, AA 9.58%, A 6.43%, BBB 2.14% and A-1/P-1 23.87%.
For more information on new ETF offerings, visit our new ETFs category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Mr. Lydon serves as an independent trustee of certain mutual funds and ETFs that are managed by Guggenheim Investments; however, any opinions or forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Mr. Lydon and not those of Guggenheim Funds, Guggenheim Investments, Guggenheim Specialized Products, LLC or any of their affiliates. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.