ETF Securities assets in exchange traded funds (ETFs) listed in the U.S. have passed $4 billion in assets under management. William Rhind, Head of Sales & Marketing for ETFS Marketing sees continued demand in commodity based ETFs from both financial advisors and self-directed investors.
ETFS has 18 new ETFs in registration with the SEC, but since most are commodities based and some using derivative construction, it may be a while before they are available to investors. Included are plans to launch an ETF representing a basket of industrial metals; aluminum, lead, nickel, tin and zinc.
The firm has 7 ETFs listed in the U.S. today:
- ETFS Physical Swiss Gold Shares (SGOL)
- ETFS Physical Platinum Shares (PPLT)
- ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL)
- ETFS Physical Silver Shares (SIVR)
- ETFS Physical Precious Metals Basket Shares (GLTR)
- ETFS Physical White Metal Basket Shares (WITE)
- ETFS Asian Gold Shares (AGOL)
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.