ETF Spotlight on Claymore/Robb Report Global Luxury (NYSEArca: ROB), part of a weekly series. Assets: $16.1 million
Objective: Tracks the Robb Report Global Luxury Index
Holdings: Top holdings include Daimler, Swatch, Wynn Resorts, Hermes, Coach, Nordstrom and
What You Should Know
- This is the only ETF that gives pure-play exposure to the companies that cater to the richest consumers in the world
- It holds at least 20 securities, but can hold as many as 100; it currently holds 35
- Components are not just retailers, but manufacturers, travel and leisure companies and providers of other professional services
- This fund launched in July 2008 and has a 0.70% expense ratio
The Latest News
- The number of millionaires in the world increased by 17% in the last year; that means more disposable income
- Middle-class consumers aren’t spending at full speed yet, but the rich have been picking up the slack
- Luxury sales grew 9.7% year-over-year in May; it was the sixth straight month of growth
- Luxury retail sales have been forecast by analysts to outperform other retail segments this year, thanks to demand from China, a U.S. recovery and a weaker euro
For past ETF Spotlights, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Mr. Lydon serves as an independent trustee of certain mutual funds and ETFs that are managed by Guggenheim Investments; however, any opinions or forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Mr. Lydon and not those of Guggenheim Funds, Guggenheim Investments, Guggenheim Specialized Products, LLC or any of their affiliates. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.