An airplane powered by the sun? Now we’ve seen everything. A prototype of such a plane took a 90-minute test flight today, and the results were a success. Don’t ditch your car just yet – the max speed was 28 mph. The Solar Impulse, as the plan has been named, will attempt to circle the globe in 2012. Here are more stories on the solar energy sector that may interest you:
- Green ETFs: Is Broad Exposure the Way to Go?
- Solar and Wind ETFs: Looking at the Big Picture
- Solar Energy ETFs May Start to Pick Up After a Rocky Start
- 16 ETFs for the State of the Union
- Solar ETFs Primed to Heat Up in 2010
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.