Call it what you will – Snowmageddon, Snowpocalypse – those doomsday-hearkening names didn’t stop shoppers from taking to the stores to optimistically purchase clothing for the warmer months ahead and assorted other items. The spending resulted in the strongest gain in retail numbers since November 2007. Luxury and discount merchants alike reported sales increases that topped estimates, too. As a result, retail exchange traded funds (ETFs) are hopping this morning. Here are more stories on the subject that may interest you:
- 5 ETFs to Play the New Retail Climate
- As Auto Sales Improve, Play It with This ETF
- Can Luxury ETF Withstand Bargain-Hunting?
- Retail ETFs May Benefit from Smarter Retailers
- 4 ETFs for an Uncertain Future
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.