Copper prices and exchange traded funds (ETFs) are climbing higher this morning after a massive earthquake in Chile this weekend. Chile is one of the world’s largest producers of the metal, so any disruption to mining activity could have a worldwide ripple effect on prices. Here are more stories on the subject that may interest you:
- Copper ETN: Forging Ahead, or Under Pressure?
- Gold, Silver, Copper ETFs: Play the Olympic Metals
- Why Metals ETFs Are Showing Strength (Again)
- 4 Reasons to Mind the Copper ETF Rally
- Base Metal ETFs: Is the Run Over, or Just on Pause?
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.