The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Transportation Average (NYSEArca: IYT) is up nearly 5% this morning on news that Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-B) would buy Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) for $34 billion. Here are more stories on the transportation sector that may interest you:
- Transportation ETFs: Has the Sector Hit a Bottom?
- The Uses and Appeal of Sector-Based ETFs
- How to Sort Out the ‘Niche’ ETF Sectors
- Will Railroad Stimulus Be a Savior for the Transportation ETF?
- Has the Transportation ETF Train Left the Station?
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.